Tuesday, November 8, 2011

O for ORIGINAL

Today i sit back and look at last evenings events.

Left work, got home then headed to meet my spice. My spice you may ask? Yeah my spice is that one gal who adds flavour to my life and I to hers. Short of sounding corny, my spice is the bread to my butter...Anyway back to my story, I left my house to go meet my spice. The plan was to have a polite two drinks and laugh at how the year has gone for both of us before we get home to sleep....

So I leave the house walk over to our local and order my first beer and I wait for my spice to arrive. On her way she sends me a text message saying..."Am on my way with XXX!" My response was like ok cool lets meet the guy and give him a rating before he proceeds to date my spice. So I sat and sipped on my beer and five minutes later in they walked....

I gave him the first once over look and I had a list as long as the road from here to Timbuktu to share with my spice about the first judgement. So XXX tried really hard to engage us in conversation but my spice had already tuned off his vibe. Listening to him speak was like listening to a cracked record. This is where I have to let you know, I am that babe of few words so people who go on and on about one thing with out making thier point, really make me mad.

As I sat there I kept asking myself, is there anything Original about this chap? I mean really conversation was pretty much about him riding on someonelse's fortune and making a couple of bucks from that wave....

So after or drinks and when my spice and I got home, I really needed to go back to my dictionary and understand the meaning of Original. Because it was clearly lost on me.

Original :

arising or proceeding independently of anything else.

Thinking about this meaning made me wonder....how many amongst us can be counted as origial? Can you really differentiate yourself from the masses and break away and be that Original being? I want to be original. I am in some ways but I really want to be truly Original. I want to be that and more....

Are you original?

No comments:

Post a Comment