Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Death

Waking up this morning the thing on my mind was DEATH.

Have you ever thought of the way you would like to live this earth? I did...My thought was if I was to die, I wouldnt want to die from fire, neither would I want to die from drowning. Funny enough is that I would want to leave this earth peacefully in my sleep.

But then again I thought, thats a boring way to go. Maybe die from being hit by a moving vehicle as am crossing the street in my pair of Ferragamo heels. Would that be glamarous? Sigh...

I do not know why I woke up thinking about death, but as I sat in the car on my way to work, I realised that I am afraid....No to be quite honest am terrified of the days to come. When you dont know why your body has stopped functioning in the way it used to, and you have no control of the outcomes of a rebellious body.

I look back and think about all the people who played a significant part in my life and passed away from illness, naturally or through accidents. They didnt have the choice of a glamorous death. Can I ask for a glamorous death? Or better yet, can I ask for a life with out death. Find a fountain of youth where i can partake of the waters and be immortal...

Anyway in the eventuality that I do not become immortal from drinking my hot chocolate, I ask that at my funeral we do not shed tears, we have a celebration of my life....I believe that drinks will be on the house. I will ask only two of my closest friends to speak about my life and share the most important things I taught them. I will ask to be cremated and my shoes given away to charity. And I will expect at least ten people to say she lived her life well.

1 comment:

  1. I like the whole celebration bit.

    Well, i always thought i would die in an accident, or doing something dramatic like bungee jumping . . . Sadly death is the one thing we cannot cheat or make excuses for . . if final destination is anything to go by . . he he he.

    Just live life!! Its the part that counts.

    ReplyDelete