Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Good Bye My Lover

So it all started off with a simple hello. Then from that began "good morning, how are you today?" And then followed conversation about anything and everything whenever we met. Each day as the sun rose I was eager to see his face, to say hi and just to hear what this man would say. It never mattered if the comments were low blows to my self esteem, or if they were insults sent my way, it was just a yearning to be around him, and be surrounded by his presence.

Days turned into months and months into a year and it was perfect bliss. Nothing could stop me from loving him. My love was so pure towards him that it scared me everytime I thought about it. He made me laugh and smile, he made my eyes twinkle with delight. My situation was every girls dream, to be loved, to be in love, and to feel loved. I would wake up with a smile, with a spring in my step, and i felt that each day I would conqure the world. My need to listen to a love song in the morning to make me smile had been eradicated. Just one thought of him would light my world up like a christmas tree....

So where did it all go wrong? What made him loose his love for me? I feel wasted, I feel lost. But today I say i am breaking away from this heart ache. I am getting myself out of my bed. My tears shall flow no more as my decision is to say Goodbye my lover.

I am not going to be bound in chains of the wishing this should go on. Am not going to hold on to false hope that i have seen in the happily ever after movies. My declaration for this day is to love you from a far. A safe distance where my heart can mend itself and someday soon hope to love another the way I loved you.

Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment