Monday, November 7, 2011

Cowards

The English dictionary defines the word Coward as :
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

How many cowards do we know in our lives?

Just recently I was friends with a person. This person was great in my eyes. They had the power to turn all wrongs into rights and clean up a lot of messes that I had made. For lack of a better name lets call this person the sweeper. The sweeper had character. He was bold, he was strong and most of all he was a champion. Sweeper came and fixed every little problem that came his way, for all I know if he was put to the task of fixing a broken glass that had shattered to a million little pieces, the sweeper could.

So how did I realize that the sweeper was a Coward?

The sweeper was a man who had not dealt with his own demons. He would completely loose his cool when faced with the fact that he had to admit he had affection towards me. All his strong proclamations of love and being the man who would protect me from all harms way. Sweeper began distancing himself, I took this change as strange as any woman would. One time your hot the next your cold.

I could not understand what was going on. This change in behavior baffled my pretty little mind, and I got fed up and confronted the sweeper about it. Being the person I am, I questioned his intentions and asked him what he wanted. Did he want to stay or did he want to leave. If he wanted to stay, all he needed to do was say it. If he wanted to go all he needed to do was say so. I was tired of being played like a yoyo! I needed to know where we stood.

One day I asked, "What is your stand?" and he replied, "I love you and am not going anywhere." Foolish me I took that as the gospel truth.

That "I love you and I am not going anywhere" should have been interpreted as "I do not have the balls to break your heart."

After those words were uttered, the sweeper took to his heels. Turned around and walked away without any explanation as to why. Up until today he has not balls (excuse the vulgarity, but it is said with much venom) to leave up to his name. The strong courageous man that I knew.

He may weild a gun, but I dont think he is brave enough to pull the trigger and shoot it. So what does that make him? It makes him a COWARD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment