Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I speak for Kenya

I am not a big follower of politics anywhere in the world, the only thing about politics that ever excited me was when a dear member of my family was in politics and oooooh yes when Obama became President. That really held my interest for a few twenty minutes!! Growing up in Kenya and seeing how politics has evolved from the "mlolongo" (queuing) system to casting ballots, I would love to say that our leaders have brought us thus far....but if I did I would be lying. As a firm believer in a greater power above our President, I believe that God has blessed Kenya to the point that it has gotten to.

Kenya the land of my ancestors has been through a lot over the past few years....If you do not agree well you my dear country man are entitled to your opinion. I look at the things that are happening as we go forth towards the next general election and I question so many things in this land of mine that I call home. From stories of Mungiki meeting in state house to, our public institutions being run employees from a certain tribe set, to our politicians calling each other names on national television and thinking we enjoy their sick sense of humour.

I thank God for the right to speak out loud and voice our dismay as Kenyans. I am young, I have been favoured enough to travel and see some parts of the progressive world. I do not say that there is no corruption but as we steal from our land to fill our pockets with fleeting wealth and become richer, why are we forgetting the people who do not have as much as we have? Just recently I heard a story of a man who was murdered in Koch, for trying to bring progress in that slum area. This story broke my heart and it made me think greatly about what is being done to stop killings and robberies in the slum areas so that people living there can "survive" another day?

Mr Politician, a few years ago you asked for our votes, promised us better roads, work, education and better healthcare, can we see that?? Yes if you are middle class, but what about those in the slums where crime is on the rise? I have decided that this year my vote shall be cast only for the person I am sure not only talks the talk, but walks the walk. I would like to see change, I don’t want to go into a pub and listen to Kikuyus going against Kambas or the Luos against another tribe. I would like to see a Kenya where we base our talk on politics on the positive achievements that our politicians have achieved before we can go back to a polling station.

We hear the youth are our future leaders, its time for the youth to rise up....

Mr Politician, Please go, you asked me for my vote, Now all I see, crime is on the rise, You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? Every time you talk, but can you walk the walk?

It's time, it's time to rise I stand for the 30 million walking these roads you never fix,
I am sick and tired of hearing these lies, games and tricks, Instead of looking up to these fake ones for hope, Remember Kenyan is bigger than tribes, we are all one people let us grow in strength together.


No comments:

Post a Comment