Friday, March 30, 2012

Food for me = LOVE

Feeding someone is such a spiritual practice for me, that I could make it religious.

For one, I cannot cook for someone I don't love.
Yes children it's true. If you have eaten the fruits of my culinary love labor, I love you. Not loved, not used to love... Love.
I care for you more than just enjoying your company. I care for your well being. So much so, that my body wants to nourish your body while it's in my presence. So I will go to the stove and make something delicious. And I will give it to you as a symbol of my love for you, and we shall eat from the same pot, and drink from the same juice bottle communion style.

This is a fact. I know you're thinking, damn that's deep. But I really sincerely honest to God can't cook for people I don't love. Something always happens. Too much salt, too much water, no flavor, something burns... nothing works I tell you. And even the people that know me will tell you how long it took them to taste my food. One time a guy had to go and buy special ingredients because he was dying to eat African Food, but I was never cooking when he came around.

Of course there are people who are fed by me who I don't love, indeed, people I barely know, but they just happened to come in the company of someone I do love. So they are fed on behalf of my love for that somebody else.

Why did I write this? Whats the point?
I want to express to people that loving is more than just telling people you love them. I personally take physical care of people I love. For instance, if you're my man or if you're someone I wish was my man, granted you're getting physically adored around me. I'm cooking for you, I'm massaging you, I'm bathing you, I'm fantasizing about washing your feet. I know. It sounds crazy, but it's true. I like making your body, where the amazing spirit that makes me feel amazing resides, feel better. I almost NEVER actually say it, I don't see the point. I literally act under the assumption that your spirit will recognize what my spirit is doing. I live under the order of Love;the Verb. Not Love;the Noun. If I'm loving you, I just show it. I prefer not to mouthly communicate things that needn't words. It means more to me for you to intuitively know that I love you. I'm weird like that.

It's not hard for me to love people, and it's not hard for people to love me
(at least I'd like to think so).
But if you were ever fed by me, then you can definitely consider it a privilege now. Not everybody is fed by me. Let me rephrase, not Anybody is fed by me.

BTW This is not only romantic love I'm talking about. I'm talking about friends, family, and lovers. If I fed you, I did it because I love you and I will forever care for you. It's much more wonderful to be my proton than my electron.

No comments:

Post a Comment